Healthy Holiday Cookies | Paleo Thumbprint Cookies
Today I’m re-sharing one of my favorite healthier holiday cookie recipes. They’re so easy to make and sure to be a family favorite! Plus they are made with simple ingredients and are paleo, gluten free and vegan!
HEALTHY JAM THUMBPRINT COOKIES
(makes ~ 18 cookies)
2 cups almond flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons of almond flour for finishing
your favorite jam (I like strawberry or raspberry)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Combine the first three dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
4. Then add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and almond milk.
5. Mix the batter with a spoon until it forms a dough. (If your batter is too wet – add a little more almond flour- or if it’s too dry – add a little more almond milk.)
6. Roll each piece of dough into a small ball and dip one side of the ball into the almond flour that was set aside for finishing. This helps the jam stick later.
7. Place the ball onto the cookie sheet with the side that was dipped in flour facing up.
8. Press the ball down leaving a small indentation in the center of the cookie.
9. Fill the indentation in the middle of the cookie with your favorite jam (I use raspberry!) About a teaspoon is fine, does not need to be exact.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
When the cookies come out of the oven their texture will still be very soft. Transfer them to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely. During the cooling process, they will firm up a little bit, but still remain soft and chewy.
Finish with a sprinkle of almond flour.
Then try one, give one (or not…) and enjoy with almond milk, coffee or tea! 🙂